The school is very effective in meeting its aim to ensure that all pupils have opportunities to feel success within a secure family ethos. The care that the staff devote to the well being of their pupils is an outstanding feature of the school.
Independent Schools Inspectorate
What is Pastoral Care?
It is that wonderful feeling of being valued for who you are, safe, cared for, having someone you trust in whom you can confide; it is that intangible sense of feeling comfortable in an environment knowing that everyone around you is there for you and are wanting the best for you so that you can grow in confidence and self reliance.
The Mead has a reputation for outstanding Pastoral Care. A happy, secure and nurtured child is one who will thrive, succeed and reach their potential. It is easy for a school to say this, but this is echoed
by the parent and children.
- The teachers are really really nice
- The Mead is a safe place to be. We help each other, care and share.
- All the staff have a real interests in the children and they put the children's welfare and education first
- All staff appear to have an empathy with all the children at The Mead and have good old-fashion values
- Pastoral care is exemplary at The Mead and we have a very happy child! This is a great base to build on